IT-Essentials v8.0 Certification Checkpoint Exam #2 (Chapters 5 – 6) Answers
1. An administrator is setting up a framework to support access control on a network device. What type of server is able to control those who are permitted to access a network and track what actions they perform while accessing the network?
2. Which is the compressed format of the IPv6 address 2002:0042:0010:c400:0000:0000:0000:0909?
3. A network technician is setting up a web server for a small company. The company has obtained a domain name companyX.com from a domain registry service. The web server must provide secure communication through SSL/TLS technology. When the technician enters companyX.com in the web browser, the unsecured part of the website is displayed. What should the technician do to make the web browser display the secure content of the web server?
Ensure that the domain name is successfully resolved.
Use http://companyX.com as the URL.
Use https://companyX.com as the URL.*
Use http://companyX.com::443 as the URL.
4. A user is setting up a home wireless network. Which type of device must the user have in order to establish the wireless network and provide access to the internet for multiple home devices?
5. A small company is upgrading its phone system with IP phones. These phones can be used just by plugging into a network port in the offices. Which technology would support the IP phones?
wireless power transfer
Power over Ethernet*
6. What type of connector is used to connect an analog modem to a telephone line socket?
7. The current IP configuration of a small company is done manually and is time-consuming. Because of increased network growth, a technician needs a simpler way for IP configuration of workstations. Which service would simplify the workstation IP configuration task?
8. A technician needs to add a new wireless device to a small WLAN. The WLAN is a mixture of old and newer 802.11b and 802.11g devices. What choice for the new device would provide the most interoperability for present and future growth?
Add a new 802.11n device.*
Add a new 802.11g device.
Add a new 802.11a device.
Add a new 802.11b device.
9. A small company connects data acquisition equipment to the serial port of a computer. The equipment user has reported that not all data is being received by the computer. A technician wants to check the serial communication between the equipment and the computer. Which tool can the technician use to troubleshoot the serial communication?
tone generator and probe
10. A network technician is setting up a wireless access point in the front office of a small company. The technician needs to disable an option on the access point that would allow devices to dynamically add themselves to the network without configuration. Which technology should the technician disable?
11. Which is the compressed format of the IPv6 address fe80:0000:0000:0000:0220:0b3f:f0e0:0029?
12. A technician is setting up a server that requires two connections between the client and the server, one for commands and replies, the other for the actual transfer of files. What type of server will accomplish this task?
13. A computer can access devices on the same network but cannot access devices on other networks. What is the probable cause of this problem?
The cable is not connected properly to the NIC.
The computer has an invalid default gateway address.*
The computer has an invalid IP address.
The computer has an incorrect subnet mask.
14. Which is the compressed format of the IPv6 address 2001:0db8:0000:0000:0ab8:0001:0000:1000?
15. A network technician is setting up a web server for a small company. The company has obtained a domain name, company-a.com, from a domain registry service. The new web server is accessible through the IP address matching the domain. However, when the technician types company-a.com in the web browser, an error message displays saying that “The connection has timed out”. What is the problem?
The domain name resolution failed.*
The DHCP server is down.
The URL needs to be http://company-a.com.
A web page named home.html is required to be created first.
16. A technician is setting up an environment where popular and frequently accessed web pages are stored locally on the internal network. What type of server will accomplish this task?
17. A company is setting up one new laser printer on every floor. What type of server will store the print jobs in a queue and then spool them to the device when it is ready?
18. A user needs to connect to Cisco.com but does not know the IP address for this website. What type of server will translate the website name into an IP address?
19. What physical layer medium is used by DSL to provide high-speed data communications?
4G wireless radio
20. Which is the compressed format of the IPv6 address 2002:0420:00c4:1008:0025:0190:0000:0990?
21. A computer is assigned an IP address of 169.254.33.16. What can be said about the computer, based on the assigned address?
It can communicate on the local network as well as on the Internet.
It can communicate with networks inside a particular company with subnets.
It has a public IP address that has been translated to a private IP address.
It cannot communicate outside its own network.*
22. Which is the compressed format of the IPv6 address 2001:0db8:0000:0000:0000:a0b0:0008:0001?
23. What network service controls those who are permitted to access a network, what they can do while they are there, and track what actions they perform while accessing the network?
24. Which is the compressed format of the IPv6 address fe80:09ea:0000:2200:0000:0000:0fe0:0290?