It-essentials v7.0 Chapter 6 Exam Answers
1. Users in a recently installed wireless network are complaining of slow data transfer and frequent loss of connectivity. The technician checks that the wireless security is correctly implemented, and there is no evidence of unauthorized users on the network. Which two problems might the technician suspect? (Choose two.)
There is interference from outside sources.*
The DHCP server is faulty.
The wireless signal is too weak.*
The antenna on the access point is too powerful.
The network passwords need to be reissued to the users.
2. A wired network is undergoing several changes that could leave it vulnerable to connection by unauthorized devices while the work is in progress. Which two temporary measures would enable the authorized devices to continue to have network access but prevent unauthorized devices from connecting? (Choose two.)
Disable SSID broadcast.
Subnet the network.
Assign static IP addresses to the authorized devices.*
3. What two default wireless router settings can affect network security? (Choose two.)
The SSID is broadcast.*
MAC address filtering is enabled.
WEP encryption is enabled.
The wireless channel is automatically selected.
A well-known administrator password is set.*
4. A network technician is checking a computer to see if the DHCP client is working correctly. The technician issues the ipconfig /all command. Which two parameters should the technician review? (Choose two.)
subnet mask *
5. A technician is troubleshooting a problem where the user claims access to the Internet is not working, but there was access to the Internet the day before. Upon investigation, the technician determines that the user cannot access the network printer in the office either. The network printer is on the same network as the computer. The computer has 169.254.100.88 assigned as an IP address. What is the most likely problem?
The computer cannot communicate with a DHCP server.*
The IP default gateway on the computer is incorrect.
The network interface card driver needs to be updated.
The router that connects this network to other networks is down.
6. A user can print to a printer that is on the same network, but the traffic of the user cannot reach the Internet. What is a possible cause of the problem?
The PC default gateway address is missing or incorrect.*
The PC has an incorrect IP address.
The network cable connected to the user PC is faulty.
The NIC on the PC is faulty.
7. Port triggering has been configured on a wireless router. Port 25 has been defined as the trigger port and port 113 as an open port. What effect does this have on network traffic?
Any traffic that comes into port 25 allows outgoing port 113 to be used.
All traffic that is sent into port 25 to the internal network will also be allowed to use port 113.
Any traffic that is using port 25 going out of the internal network will also be allowed to transmit out port 113.
All traffic that is sent out port 25 will open port 113 to allow inbound traffic into the internal network through port 113.*
8. A PC is not able to connect to a wired network. Pinging the loopback address is successful, but the gateway cannot be reached. On the network switch all the interface lights are on, except for the interface connected to the PC. The LED on the network card is off. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
The gateway needs to be fixed.
The network cable is faulty.*
The network switch is faulty.
The PC has an incorrect IP address for the DNS server.
9. The current IP configuration of a small company is done manually and is time-consuming. Because of increased network growth, a technician needs a simpler way for IP configuration of workstations. Which service would simplify the workstation IP configuration task?
10. A technician troubleshooting a network problem has used CLI commands to determine that a computer has not been allocated a correct IP address from the DHCP server. Which command can the technician use to solve this problem?
11. Which network protocol is used to automatically assign an IP address to a computer on a network?
12. What security technique could provide secure access to a server located in a small office without the expense of implementing a DMZ or purchasing a hardware firewall?
implement hash encoding for all wireless devices
implement MAC address filtering
implement port forwarding*
implement basic security on all wireless access points
13. A group of users is unable to connect to the network. When testing several of the PCs and issuing the command ipconfig, the technician notices that all of them have an IP address in the 169.254.x.x range. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
The Internet connection is down.
The DHCP server is not operational.*
The gateway address is incorrect.
The DNS server is not operational.
14. What is the correct compressed format of the IPv6 address 2001:0db8:eeff:000a:0000:0000:0000:0001?
15. What is the proper CIDR prefix notation for a subnet mask of 255.0.0.0?
16. A technician is configuring the channel on a wireless router to either 1, 6, or 11. What is the purpose of adjusting the channel?
to disable broadcasting of the SSID
to enable different 802.11 standards
to provide stronger security modes
to avoid interference from nearby wireless devices*
17. Which network server is malfunctioning if a user can ping the IP address of a web server but cannot ping the web server host name?
the DNS server*
the DHCP server
the FTP server
the HTTP server
18. Multiple users report that the workstations are assigned a 169.254.x.x IP address. The users are able to communicate only between each other. What is a possible solution?
Restart the DNS server.
Statically configure a default gateway on each workstation.
Verify the network cable on all user machines.
Restart the DHCP server.*
19. An administrator deploys wireless access points across the office to provide wireless network connectivity to users. Each workstation receives an IP address via DHCP. After a file server with a static IP is connected to the wired network, the administrator receives an IP address conflict message. What is a possible solution?
Restart the DHCP server.
Change the IP address of the file server with the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew commands.
Change the static IP configured on the file server.*
Connect the file server to the wireless network.
20. A workstation has been moved from the first floor to the fifth floor within an organization. The user is now reporting that the workstation cannot connect to the network. A technician suspects that the workstation could not obtain an IP address from a DHCP server. What is a possible cause of the problem?
An IP address conflict occurred.
The DHCP server is misconfigured.
The workstation has been configured with a static IP address.*
The default gateway address is misconfigured on the workstation.
21. A device has been assigned the IPv6 address of 2001:0db8:cafe:4500:1000:00d8:0058:00ab/64. Which is the host identifier of the device?
22. Which IPv6 address represents the most compressed form of the IPv6 address 2001:0db8:cafe:0000:0835:0000:0000:0aa0/80?
23. After having talked to the customer, a network technician suspects that an invalid IP address is the most likely cause of a network issue. Which step of the troubleshooting process does this represent?
Identify the problem.
Test the theory to determine the cause.
Establish a theory of probable cause.*
Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and implement the solution.
24. Which filtering method uses the physical address to specify exactly which device is allowed or blocked from sending data on a network?
MAC address filtering*
25. How many bits are used to represent an IPv6 address?
26. How many bits are used to represent the host address of a computer with the IP address of 192.168.1.25 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0?
27. How many bits are used to represent the network address of a host with an IP address of 192.168.150.16 and a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0?
28. How many bits are used to represent the OUI part of the MAC address of a NIC card?
29. How many bits are used to represent a MAC address?