1. What are two factors that must be considered when choosing a computer case? (Choose two.)
the size of the monitor
the speed of the memory
the number of internal drive locations*
the size of the motherboard and the power supply*
the number of LED indicators at the front of the case
2. A technician looks at a motherboard and sees a 24-pin connector. What component would connect to the motherboard through the use of this 24-pin connector?
PATA optical drive
3. What electrical unit refers to the number of electrons moving through a circuit per second?
4. What characteristic of electricity is expressed in watts?
the amount of work required to move electrons through a circuit
the resistance to the flow of current in a circuit
the amount of electrons flowing through a circuit per second
the work required to move electrons through a circuit multiplied by the number of electrons flowing through a circuit per second*
5. Which type of memory is primarily used as cache memory?
6. Refer to the exhibit. Which type of adapter is shown?
7. Which component controls the communications and interactions between the CPU and other components on the motherboard?
8. Which two activities are normally controlled by the Northbridge part of the chipset? (Choose two.)
communication between the CPU and the I/O ports
access to the RAM*
communication between the CPU and the hard drive
access to the video card*
communication between the CPU and the sound card
9. Which unit of measurement is used to indicate the hard drive speed?
revolutions per minute*
pages per minute
clusters per minute
10. Which type of interface was originally developed for high-definition televisions and is also popular to use with computers to connect audio and video devices?
11. Which two devices are considered input devices? (Choose two.)
biometric authentication device*
12. What is indicated by the contrast ratio of a monitor?
the difference in the intensity of light between the brightest white and darkest black that can be displayed*
how often the picture image is refreshed
the total number of pixels that make up the picture
the ratio of the horizontal and vertical viewing areas of the monitor
13. What type of connector can be used to connect an internal hard drive to the motherboard?
14. Which two factors must be considered when replacing old RAM modules in a PC? (Choose two.)
The new RAM must be compatible with BIOS or UEFI.
The new RAM must be compatible with the motherboard.*
The speed of the new RAM must be supported by the chipset.*
The power supply must provide the voltage that is requred by the new RAM.
The new RAM must match the old RAM in terms of capacity and speed.
15. Which term is used to define the wires on a motherboard that move data from one part of a computer to another?
16. When a new PC is being built, which component has the most influence when selecting the case and power supply?
hard disk type
17. What is the function of the power supply?
to convert AC power into a lower voltage DC power*
to convert AC power into a higher voltage DC power
to convert DC power into a lower voltage AC power
to convert DC power into a higher voltage AC power
18. Which two considerations would be of the greatest importance when building a workstation that will run multiple virtual machines? (Choose two.)
amount of RAM*
number of CPU cores*
powerful video card
high-end sound card
19. A user playing a game on a gaming PC with a standard EIDE 5400 RPM hard drive finds the performance unsatisfactory. Which hard drive upgrade would improve performance while providing more reliability and more energy efficiency?
a 7200 RPM EIDE hard drive
a 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
a 10,000 RPM SATA hard drive
20. What three components should be included in a computer that is used to create TV commercials and music videos? (Choose three.)
extra DIN-6 ports
specialized video card*
extra PS/2 ports
large and fast hard drives*
specialized audio card*
21. What are two hardware requirements for computers that will be used to run multiple virtual machines? (Choose two.)
large amounts of RAM*
a multicore CPU*
a high resolution video card
a high speed wireless adapter
22. Which memory technology allows two memory modules to be accessed at the same time?
23. Which security feature in modern CPUs protects memory areas that contain part of the operating system from malware attacks?
execute disable bit*
24. Drag the description on left to its RAID level on the right.
25. Match the ports or cables with their descriptions. (Not all options are used.)