1. Which technology is a proprietary SIEM system?
2. Which term is used to describe legitimate traffic that is mistaken for unauthorized traffic by firewalls and IPSs?
False positive *
3. Which monitoring technology mirrors traffic flowing through a switch to an analysis device connected to another switch port?
4. Which network monitoring tool saves captured network frames in PCAP files?
5. Which language is used to query a relational database?
6. Which network monitoring tool is in the category of network protocol analyzers?
7. Which SIEM function is associated with examining the logs and events of multiple systems to reduce the amount of time of detecting and reacting to security events?
8. Which network technology uses a passive splitting device that forwards all traffic, including Layer 1 errors, to an analysis device?
Network TAP *
9. What technique is a security attack that depletes the pool of IP addresses available for legitimate hosts?
DHCP starvation *
10. In what type of attack is a cybercriminal attempting to prevent legitimate users from accessing network services?
11. Which network monitoring technology collects IP operational data on packets flowing through Cisco routers and multilayer switches?
12. What are two monitoring tools that capture network traffic and forward it to network monitoring devices? (Choose two.)
13. Which technology is an open source SIEM system?
14. What network attack seeks to create a DoS for clients by preventing them from being able to obtain a DHCP lease?
IP address spoofing
CAM table attack
15. Which protocol would be the target of a cushioning attack?
16. Which network monitoring capability is provided by using SPAN?
Network analysts are able to access network device log files and to monitor network behavior.
Statistics on packets flowing through Cisco routers and multilayer switches can be captured.
Traffic exiting and entering a switch is copied to a network monitoring device.*
Real-time reporting and long-term analysis of security events are enabled.
17. Which type of DNS attack involves the cybercriminal compromising a parent domain and creating multiple subdomains to be used during the attacks?
amplification and reflection
18. Refer to the exhibit. What protocol would be used by the syslog server service to create this type of output for security purposes?
19. What is the result of a passive ARP poisoning attack?
Confidential information is stolen.*
Network clients experience a denial of service
Data is modified in transit or malicious data is inserted in transit.
Multiple subdomains are created.
20. Which term is used for bulk advertising emails flooded to as many end users as possible?
21. Which capability is provided by the aggregation function in SIEM?
reducing the volume of event data by consolidating duplicate event records*
searching logs and event records of multiple sources for more complete forensic analysis
presenting correlated and aggregated event data in real-time monitoring
increasing speed of detection and reaction to security threats by examining logs from many systems and applications
22. Which protocol is attacked when a cybercriminal provides an invalid gateway in order to create a man-in-the-middle attack?
HTTP or HTTPS
23. Which network monitoring tool can provide a complete audit trail of basic information of all IP flows on a Cisco router and forward the data to a device?
24. What are two methods used by cybercriminals to mask DNS attacks? (Choose two.)
domain generation algorithms*
25. Which protocol is exploited by cybercriminals who create malicious iFrames?
26. Which SIEM function is associated with speeding up detection of security threats by examining logs and events from different systems?
27. In which TCP attack is the cybercriminal attempting to overwhelm a target host with half-open TCP connections?
session hijacking attack
port scan attack
SYN flood attack*
28. In which type of attack is falsified information used to redirect users to malicious Internet sites?
ARP cache poisoning
DNS amplification and reflection
DNS cache poisoning*
29. Refer to the exhibit. A junior network administrator is inspecting the traffic flow of a particular server in order to make security recommendations to the departmental supervisor. Which recommendation should be made?
A more secure protocol should be used.*
The total length (TL) field indicates an unsecure Layer 4 protocol is being used.
The person accessing the server should never access it from a device using a private IP address.
The person accessing the server should use the private IP address of the server.
30. Which network monitoring tool saves captured packets in a PCAP file?
31. Which cyber attack involves a coordinated attack from a botnet of zombie computers?
32. How is optional network layer information carried by IPv6 packets?
inside an options field that is part of the IPv6 packet header
inside the Flow Label field
inside the payload carried by the IPv6 packet
inside an extension header attached to the main IPv6 packet header*
33. What type of attack targets an SQL database using the input field of a user?
34. What network monitoring technology enables a switch to copy and forward traffic sent and received on multiple interfaces out another interface toward a network analysis device?