CCNA Cyber Ops v1.1 Chapter 1 Exam Answers
1. A computer is presenting a user with a screen requesting payment before the user data is allowed to be accessed by the same user. What type of malware is this?
A type of virus
A type of logic bomb
A type of ransomware *
A type of worm
2. What is cyberwarfare?
It is an attack only on military targets.
It is an attack on a major corporation.
It is an attack that only involves robots and bots.
It is an attack designed to disrupt, corrupt, or exploit national interests. *
3. How can a security information and event management system in an SOC be used to help personnel fight against security threats?
By collecting and filtering data *
By filtering network traffic
By authenticating users to network resources
By encrypting communications to remote sites
4. Which three technologies should be included in an SOC security information and event management system? (Choose three.)
Threat intelligence *
Security monitoring *
Event collection, correlation, and analysis *
5. What name is given to hackers who hack for a political or social cause?
6. Which organization is an international nonprofit organization that offers the CISSP certification?
7. After a security incident is verified in a SOC, an incident responder reviewsthe incident but cannot identify the source of the incident and form an effective mitigation procedure. To whom should the incident ticket be escalated?
A cyberoperations analyst for help
An SME for further investigation *
An alert analyst for further analysis
The SOC manager to ask for other personnel to be assigned
8. The term Alert Analyst refers to which group of personnel in an SOC?
Tier 1 personnel *
Tier 2 personnel
Tier 3 personnel
9. What is a rogue wireless hotspot?
It is a hotspot that was set up with outdated devices.
It is a hotspot that does not encrypt network user traffic.
It is a hotspot that does not implement strong user authentication mechanisms.
It is a hotspot that appears to be from a legitimate business but was actually set up by someone without the permission from the business. *
10. What is a potential risk when using a free and open wireless hotspot in a public location?
Too many users trying to connect to the Internet may cause a network traffic jam.
The Internet connection can become too slow when many users access the wireless hotspot.
Network traffic might be hijacked and information stolen.*
Purchase of products from vendors might be required in exchange for the Internet access.
11. How does a security information and event management system (SIEM) in a SOC help the personnel fight against security threats?
by integrating all security devices and appliances in an organization
by analyzing logging data in real time
by combining data from multiple technologies*
by dynamically implementing firewall rules
12. Which statement best describes a motivation of hacktivists?
They are part of a protest group behind a political cause.*
They are curious and learning hacking skills.
They are trying to show off their hacking skills.
They are interested in discovering new exploits.
13. If a SOC has a goal of 99.999% uptime, how many minutes of downtime a year would be considered within its goal?
Approximately 5 minutes per year.*
Approximately 10 minutes per year.
Approximately 20 minutes per year.
Approximately 30 minutes per year.
14. Why do IoT devices pose a greater risk than other computing devices on a network?
Most IoT devices do not require an Internet connection and are unable to receive new updates.
IoT devices cannot function on an isolated network with only an Internet connection.
Most IoT devices do not receive frequent firmware updates.*
IoT devices require unencrypted wireless connections.
15. Which two services are provided by security operations centers? (Choose two.)
managing comprehensive threat solutions*
ensuring secure routing packet exchanges
responding to data center physical break-ins
monitoring network security threats*
providing secure Internet connections
16. Users report that a database file on the main server cannot be accessed. A database administrator verifies the issue and notices that the database file is now encrypted. The organization receives a threatening email demanding payment for the decryption of the database file. What type of attack has the organization experienced?
17. Which organization offers the vendor-neutral CySA+ certification?
18. What was used as a cyberwarfare weapon to attack a uranium enrichment facility in Iran?
19. Which three technologies should be included in a SOC security information and event management system? (Choose three.)
20. Which personnel in a SOC is assigned the task of verifying whether an alert triggered by monitoring software represents a true security incident?
Tier 2 personnel
Tier 3 personnel
Tier 1 personnel*
21. Which statement describes cyberwarfare?
Cyberwarfare is an attack carried out by a group of script kiddies.
It is a series of personal protective equipment developed for soldiers involved in nuclear war.
It is simulation software for Air Force pilots that allows them to practice under a simulated war scenario.
It is Internet-based conflict that involves the penetration of information systems of other nations.*
22. in the operation of a SOC, which system is frequently used to let an analyst select alerts from a pool to investigate?
security alert knowledge-based system
23. What name is given to an amateur hacker?
24. Which personnel in a SOC are assigned the task of hunting for potential threats and implementing threat detection tools?
Tier 1 Analyst
Tier 2 Incident Reporter
Tier 3 SME*
25. Match the components to the major categories in a SOC.