CCNA 4 v6.0 Chapter 2 Exam Answers 100%
1. Which three are types of LCP frames used with PPP? (Choose three.)
2. Which command can be used to view the cable type that is attached to a serial interface?
Router(config)# show interfaces
Router(config)# show controllers*
Router(config)# show ip interface
Router(config)# show ip interface brief
3. How does PPP interface with different network layer protocols?
by using separate NCPs*
by negotiating with the network layer handler
by encoding the information field in the PPP frame
by specifying the protocol during link establishment through LCP
4. Which address is used in the Address field of a PPP frame?
a single byte of binary 00000000
a single byte of binary 10101010
a single byte of binary 11111111*
the IP address of the serial interface
5. Which field marks the beginning and end of an HDLC frame?
6. In which situation would the use of PAP be preferable to the use of CHAP?
when router resources are limited
when multilink PPP is used
when plain text passwords are needed to simulate login at the remote host*
when a network administrator prefers it because of ease of configuration
7. When configuring Multilink PPP, where is the IP address for the multilink bundle configured?
on a physical serial interface
on a subinterface
on a multilink interface*
on a physical Ethernet interface
8. Refer to the exhibit.
Based on the debug command output that is shown, which statement is true of the operation of PPP.
CHAP authentication failed because of an unknown hostname.
A PPP session was successfully established.*
Both PAP and CHAP authentication were attempted.
The debug output is from router R2.
9. Refer to the exhibit.
A network administrator is configuring the PPP link between the two routers. However, the PPP link cannot be established. Based on the partial output of the show running-config command, what is the cause of the problem?
The usernames do not match.
The passwords do not match.*
The passwords should be longer than 8 characters.
The interface IP addresses are in different subnets.
10. Which is an advantage of using PPP on a serial link instead of HDLC?
option for authentication*
higher speed transmission
option for session establishment
11. Which protocol will terminate the PPP link after the exchange of data is complete?
12. Which serial 0/0/0 interface state will be shown if no serial cable is attached to the router, but everything else has been correctly configured and turned on?
Serial 0/0/0 is up, line protocol is up
Serial 0/0/0 is up, line protocol is down
Serial 0/0/0 is down, line protocol is down*
Serial 0/0/0 is up (looped)
Serial 0/0/0 is up (disabled)
Serial 0/0/0 is administratively down, line protocol is down
13. How much total bandwidth is provided by a T1 line?
14. A network engineer is monitoring an essential, but poor quality, PPP WAN link that periodically shuts down. An examination of the interface configurations shows that the ppp quality 90 command has been issued. What action could the engineer take to reduce the frequency with which the link shuts down?
Issue the command ppp quality 70.*
Issue the command ppp quality 100.
Set the DCE interface to a lower clock rate.
Use the bandwidth command to increase the bandwidth of the link.
15. A network engineer is troubleshooting the loss of MPEG video viewing quality as MPEG video files cross a PPP WAN link. What could be causing this loss of quality?
PAP authentication was misconfigured on the link interfaces.
The clock rates configured on each serial interface do not match.
Link Quality Monitoring was not configured correctly on each interface.
The compress command was used when PPP was configured on the interfaces.*
16. Which PPP option can detect links that are in a looped-back condition?
17. A network engineer has issued the show interfaces serial 0/0/0 command on a router to examine the open NCPs on a PPP link to another router. The command output displays that the encapsulation is PPP and that the LCP is open. However, the IPV6CP NCP is not shown as open. What does the engineer need to configure to open the IPV6CP NCP on the link?
Configure CHAP authentication on each router.
Configure PPP multilink interfaces on each router.
Configure an IPv6 address on each interface on the link.*
Issue the compress predictor command on each interface on the link.
18. Which three physical layer interfaces support PPP? (Choose three.)
asynchronous serial *
19. What are three components of PPP? (Choose three.)
support for LAN and WAN
20. Refer to the exhibit.
What type of Layer 2 encapsulation will be used for connection D on the basis of this configuration on a newly installed router:
RtrA(config)# interface serial0/0/0
RtrA(config-if)# ip address 184.108.40.206 255.255.255.252
RtrA(config-if)# no shutdown
21. Which two statements describe a PPP connection between two Cisco routers? (Choose two.)
LCP tests the quality of the link.*
LCP manages compression on the link.*
Only a single NCP is allowed between the two routers.
NCP terminates the link when data exchange is complete.
With CHAP authentication, the routers exchange plain text passwords.
22. Match the PPP options with the correct description. (Not all options are used.)
Increases the effective throughput on PPP connections by reducing the amount of data in the frame that must travel across the link. => Compression
Provides load balancing over the router interfaces. => Multilink
The maximum size of the PPP frame. => Maximum Receive Unit
The two choices are Password Authentication Protocol (PAP) and chanllenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP). => Authentication Protocol
23. Match the phases of establishing a PPP session in the correct order. (Not all options are used.)
negotiate with the network layer to configure L3 protocol => phase 3
establish the link and negotiate configuration options => phase 1
determine the quality of the link => phase 2
24. Match the steps to the PPP CHAP authentication process sequence. (Not all options are used.)
calculate the MD5 hash => Step 3
calculate the ID and random number => Step 2
send the challenge ID, hash, and username => Step 4
use LCP to negotiate the type of authentication => Step 1
calculate the hash based on received information => Step 5
compare the received hash with the calculated hash => Step 6
25. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Why is the serial link between router R1 and router R2 not operational?
In each case the expected username is not the same as the remote router hostname.*
The passwords are different in both routers.
The encapsulation in both routers does not match.
The authentication type is not the same in both routers.