Networking Basics Module 1 – 4 Checkpoint Exam Answers
1. What is the order of bandwidth measurement from smallest to largest?
- Gbps, Tbps, Mbps, Kbps
- Tbps, Mbps, Kbps, Gbps
- Kbps, Mbps, Gbps, Tbps*
- Kbps, Tbps, Mbps, Gbps
2. Which is a characteristic of the Internet?
- It is not centrally governed.*
- It is localized to specific geographic locations.
- It is operated by the US government.
- It supports only wired network connections.
3. How many unique values are possible using a single binary digit?
4. What allows digital devices to interconnect and transmit data?
- a sensor
- a smart phone
- a network*
- a global positioning sensor
5. What data representation is used when a computer or network device is processing data?
6. Which two devices are considered end devices? (Choose two.)
7. Which three devices are considered intermediate devices in a network? (Choose three.)
- network printer
- wireless access point*
8. Match each device to a category.
Options matched to the correct selection.
|end devices||intermediary devices|
9. What are two types of wired high-speed Internet connections? (Choose two.)
10. A consumer places a smartphone close to a pay terminal at a store and the shopping charge is successfully paid. Which type of wireless technology was used?
11. Which two methods are used to directly connect mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones to a data network? (Choose two.)
- cellular communications*
- wired Ethernet
12. What are two methods typically used on a mobile device to provide internet connectivity? (Choose two.)
13. A user is looking for a wireless headphone for listening to songs stored on a smartphone. What wireless technology would the headphone use?
14. In the context of mobile devices, what does the term tethering involve?
- connecting a mobile device to another mobile device or computer to share a network connection*
- connecting a mobile device to a hands-free headset
- connecting a mobile device to a 4G cellular network
- connecting a mobile device to a USB port on a computer in order to charge the mobile device
15. What two radio frequency bands are used in home Wireless LANs? (Choose two.)
- 9 MHz
- 900 GHz
- 2.4 GHz*
- 5 MHz
- 5 GHz*
16. Refer to the exhibit. Which router port connects to the modem provided by the service provider?
17. Which technology is used to uniquely identify a WLAN network?
- MAC address table
18. Which feature is characteristic of MAC filtering in wireless networks?
- It allows only authorized users to detect the network.
- It restricts computer access to a wireless network.*
- It is configured on the computer rather than on the router.
- It encrypts data that is transmitted on a wireless network.
19. A user is setting up a home wireless network. Which type of device must the user have in order to establish the wireless network and provide access to the internet for multiple home devices?
- wireless router*
- patch panel
20. Which wireless RF band do IEEE 802.11b/g devices use?
- 60 GHz
- 5 GHz
- 900 MHz
- 2.4 GHz*
21. Which items are collectively referred to as network media?
- PCs and laptops
- wires and radio waves*
- firewalls and servers
- routers and switches
22. What information may be requested when pairing devices over Bluetooth?
- a PIN*
- a username
- the SSID
- an IP address